Course Code: CPCPGS4023B (except in SA)
Course Cost: $2,950.00
Week 1: Monday 30th August – Friday 3rd September
Week 2: Monday 13th –Friday 17th September
Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm
This course provides the knowledge and skills to work in a career as an Industrial gasfitter installing, commissioning, and servicing/maintaining Industrial Type B gas appliances. A Type B gas appliance can range from a small hobby pottery kiln to a large steam boiler or gas fired turbine used for power generation. Typically Type B gas appliances include gas fired hot water boilers, steam boilers, baking ovens, spray booths and industrial heating and process appliances to name a few.
Two (2) weeks consisting of Five (5) day blocks (total 80 hours classroom) with pre-learning. The course provides a mix of theoretical and practical content with assessment requirements.
Pre-requisites (Except in South Australia as the unit is not recognised)
Before satisfying this unit, the candidate requires a restricted electrical license or equivalent to connect and disconnect appliances with the requirements in accordance with the requirements of the particular state or territory.
What Skills Will You Gain?
The skills and knowledge to install, test, adjust, commission and service. This includes:
- Measuring and adjusting air and fuel flow rates and pressures.
- Analysis of combustion samples.
- Calculating pre-purge times, start gas and ventilation requirements.
- Fault finding and rectification on breakdowns etc.
- Understand the legislative requirements and documentation for compliance.
Australian Standards are required for this course.
- AS1375 – 2013 Industrial Fuel Fired Appliances
- AS/NZ5601 – 2013 Gas Installations
- AS3814 – 2018 Industrial and Commercial Gas Appliances
Area of opportunities exist with industrial service companies, boiler installation and maintenance companies, processing sector (e.g. metal and glass melting, cement production, gas/oil production) and power generation (gas fired engines and turbines) etc.