Course Code: UEENEEP012A
Course Cost: $1,475
Week 1: Monday 18th - Friday 22nd October 2021
Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm
If you are considering CPCPGS4023B Install, Commission and Maintain Type B Gas Appliances course then this is a prerequisite. The course provides an understanding of electrical principals and working safely around electricity and how to use electrical test equipment needed to disconnect and reconnect an appliance. Participants will also learn how to safely disconnect and reconnect a hard-wired appliance.
The course duration is 5 days and requires the trainee to undertake some pre-reading of materials supplied. This course is delivered in a face to face environment because of the practical nature of the training. You are also required to successfully complete theoretical and practical assessment to gain qualification.
What Skills Will You Gain?
The skills and knowledge to test and ensure the safe isolation of electrical supply before disconnecting or reconnecting the electrical supply to an appliance or electrical component. Skills and knowledge required include:
- Competently use and interpret a multimeter.
- Use electrical hand tools.
- Interpret electrical schematics.
- Identify electrical components.
- Use electrical safety equipment.
- Identify correct earthing points.
- Safely isolate a live electrical supply.
Participants will also learn to:
- Work safely
- Identify supply arrangements
- Follow isolation procedures, Lock Out Tag Out
- Select and use testing and measuring devices
- Terminate and connect cables and conductors
Applicants must have completed UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace. If they do not have this unit you can obtain this through us by completing an extra unit and having a few of the following:
- Certificate III level qualification in a trade or higher education qualification,
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
- Induction completion certificate
- Safety induction card
- Construction white card (CPCCOHS1001A. or equivalent)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- WHSO training
- A CPR (resuscitation) certificate (HLTAID001 or equivalent).
- A first aid certificate which included CPR (e.g. HLTAID003, MEM13001B, PMAWHS320 etc)
State and Territory regulations generally require verification that this qualification is required for your normal work. You will need to check your local requirements.
This unit covers disconnecting and reconnecting composite appliances connected to low voltage installation wiring. This may be incidental to or a primary and regular function of work related to a principle work function. It encompasses working safely, identifying supply arrangements, following isolation procedures, selecting and using testing and measuring devices, terminating and connecting cables and conductors, safely testing and reporting.
This prerequisite provides the opportunity to enrol where approved in the Install, commission and maintain Industrial Type B gas appliance course. (CPCPGS4023B)